Skip to content
Breads and Rolls
Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- 10m serving time
- 70m cooking time
- 32 food portion(s)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 1-1/2 cups milk (do not use skim milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups Corn Oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
HOW TO MAKE
- For Bread:
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans (or four 7½ x 3¾-inch loaf pans). Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds in large mixing bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and oil.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients. Blend at medium-high speed for 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until loaves are light brown in color and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Glaze:
- Heat sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract, almond extract and butter to boiling in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour glaze over hot loaves of bread, in pans. Cool completely in pan. Remove from pans; cover loaves and let sit overnight before serving.
error: Content is protected !!