Made with Maizenaku
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maizenaku
- 1 tablespoon cold water
HOW TO MAKE
- Place green beans in a medium saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until beans are just tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Return beans to the saucepan.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble when cool. Reduce heat to low and add onion; cook until onion is tender but not browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add corn syrup, salt, lemon juice and reserved cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Combine corn starch and cold water in a small bowl; whisk into sauce. Cook for 1 minute after sauce comes to a boil. Stir in bacon.
- Pour sauce over green beans. Toss to mix well; serve immediately.