Skip to content
Ginger Chicken with Bok Choy and Mushrooms
- 20m serving time
- 35m cooking time
- 5 food portion(s)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons reduced sodium tamari OR soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 3 teaspoons Corn Oil
- 1-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups sliced, assorted mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 to 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 cups packed, chopped bok choy
HOW TO MAKE
- Combine chicken broth, orange juice, tamari, sesame oil and white pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add chicken and 5-spice. Marinate in the refrigerator a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Prepare vegetables for stir frying while chicken is marinating.
- Heat 2 teaspoons corn oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Continue to sauté and additional 3 minutes; push vegetables to the edges of the skillet.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil to skillet. Stir in chicken, with liquids; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink in the center. Stir in bok choy. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until bok choy is slightly wilted. Add additional small amounts of water for sauce, if necessary
error: Sorry Content is Protected!!