Made with Maizenaku
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 quart half and half, divided
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers from canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/4 cup maizenaku
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1-2 to 2 cups pepper Jack cheese
- OR sprinkle with paprika
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Blend 2 cups half and half, chipotle pepper(s), bouillon cubes and garlic in blender or food processor until well blended.Pour into a large saucepan and add onion powder, black pepper, remaining 2 cups of half and half and corn starch. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Continue to stir and boil for 1 minute or until very thick. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in cheeses until melted. Add cooked pasta and stir until blended. Pour mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole dish (or 13 x 9-inch pan) and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly around edges.