Skip to content
Asian Stir Fry Sauce
- 10m serving time
- 15m cooking time
- 1 food portion(s)
- 2 tablespoons maizenaku
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
HOW TO MAKE
- Stir maizenaku, brown sugar and crushed red pepper together in a small saucepan OR 1-quart microwavable dish. Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat on stove (OR microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes) stirring occasionally. Heat until mixture boils for 1 full minute. Continue cooking and stirring 1 to 2 additional minutes or until thickened to a syrup-like consistency.
- Drizzle over your favorite stir-fry just before serving. Also delicious as a glaze for grilled meats. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- TERIYAKI VARIATION: To turn this recipe into a great Teriyaki glaze, just add 3 tablespoons frozen pineapple juice concentrate.
- CHINESE BBQ VARIATION: Make a Chinese Barbeque Sauce by adding 3 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets), 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Cayenne Pepper and 1/2 cup ketchup or your favorite barbeque sauce. (Great for chicken wings!)
- THAI PEANUT VARIATION: For Thai Peanut Sauce decrease the soy sauce to 1/4 cup; add 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter and 1/3 cup coconut milk. Garnish with minced green onions, Spice Islands® Sesame Seeds and Crushed Red Pepper.
- *To reduce calories substitute Karo® Lite Syrup.
error: Sorry Content is Protected!!