Skip to content
Upside Down Peach Tart
- 30m serving time
- 75m cooking time
- 8 food portion(s)
- 5 large peaches, peeled and sliced OR 5 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/3 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maizenaku
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray cooking spray on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch round cake pan. Combine corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, corn starch and ginger in a small bowl. Spread about a third of this mixture onto bottom of the prepared pan. Using half the peaches, arrange a layer of slices daisy fashion over the bottom; drizzle with half of the remaining syrup mixture. Arrange the remaining peach slices in similar style on the first; drizzle with remaining syrup mixture.
- Unroll crust, place on top of peaches and tuck in the edges. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F. Bake 30 to 35 minutes longer until crust is golden brown and peaches are tender. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes.
- Place a large plate over pie. Invert pie and plate. Remove cake pan and serve pie warm with sweetened whipped cream.