Skip to content
Summer Berry Tarts
- 20m serving time
- 80m cooking time
- 8 food portion(s)
- 4 cups (about 2 pints) sliced strawberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maizenaku
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 to 10 drops red food color, optional
- 8 (3-inch) tart crusts, baked and cooled
- Whipped cream
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
HOW TO MAKE
- Puree or mash 1 cup strawberries in food processor or by hand.
- Combine sugar and corn starch in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in water, lemon juice and food color. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Gently stir remaining 3 cups sliced strawberries into cooled filling. Spoon into tart crusts. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, until set and chilled.
- Top with whipped cream and blueberries. Tarts are best served the same day prepared.